Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Wed April 3, 2013
MSU President Randy Dunn Semifinalist for Youngstown State University Presidency
Murray State University President Randy Dunn is among eight semi-finalists to be Youngstown State University’s next president.
The Vindicator Newspaper reports Dunn to be among the eight semi-finalists for the Ohio based university. The university’s website doesn’t list the semifinalists. The Murray State Board of Regents voted last month against extending Dunn a new contract. Dunn’s current contract expires June 30th, 2014.
Interviews at Youngstown State occur April 11th, 12th and 13th. Three to five finalists will be presented to the university's board of trustees no later than May 15th.
Dunn has been a finalists for two other positions in the last 8 months. Dunn has said that he would pursue "exceptional career opportunities" until the board decided to act on his contract. Dunn also said in an interview with WKMS Wednesday that a year ago, following a comprehensive employment evaluation, he suggested to Chairman Dr. Constantine Curris to take up conversations regarding renewal of his contract. Dunn says Curris wouldn't have the board take that matter under consideration at that time.
A side note: A search firm for which Curris serves as an independent contract (AGB) is leading the search for the next Youngstown State University President.