Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue April 16, 2013
MSU President Finalist at Youngstown State
An Ohio newspaper reports Murray State University President Randy Dunn is among three finalists to be Youngstown State University’s next president. The Vindicator reports Dunn was among eight semifinalists interviewed this weekend. Dunn’s current contract at Murray State ends June 2014.
The MSU Board of Regents voted against extending Dunn a new contract on March 15th following a social gathering of a quorum of regents the night before the meeting. Kentucky’s Attorney General is set to issue an opinion this week on whether or not that social gathering constituted an illegal meeting. Dunn has served as MSU’s president since 2006. Youngstown leaders hope to seat a new president by June 12th.
The newspaper reports the two other candidates are William R. Decatur, CFO and treasurer of the Rhode Island School of Design in Providence and James D. Moran III, vice chancellor, Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education in Harrisburg, Pa.