Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue October 30, 2012
MSU Enrollment Up 2 Percent
Murray State University's enrollment has risen by 2 percent to an estimated 10,832 students. Fall 2012 enrollment showed 6.5 percent growth in freshmen and an 18 percent increase in International students across the board — freshman, transfer and graduate students.
The Murray Ledger & Times reports MSU President Dr. Randy Dunn says the numbers validate the work the university has put in to growing campuses around Kentucky the last three years. Dunn also noted that the enrollment jump comes as the school celebrates its 90th anniversary and at the completion of the largest capital campaign in school history, an effort which raised over $71 million.