Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon August 29, 2005
Move-In at Elizabeth
By John Dillon
Murray, KY – The concept goes back literally hundreds of years, and is rooted in British higher education.
So-called "residential colleges" serve to integrate students on a university campus. They form a body of distinct social communities, and are led by faculty, but set up to allow student initiative. Murray State University's eight residential colleges have been operating since the mid-1990's.
Independent reporter John Dillon was on the scene during last Saturday's move-in as MSU residential college students trucked in their possessions with the help of parents and some muscle-power of MSU faculty and staff themselves.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear professor John Dillon's report on move in day at Elizabeth College.
John Dillon is a professor in the Department of Journalism and Mass Communications at Murray State, and an Elizabeth College fellow.