Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon July 13, 2009
Morphine Tea Suspect Pleads Guilty
By Carrie Pond
Mayfield, KY – The Mayfield man charged with manslaughter after giving a friend morphine tea has pleaded guilty. Ethan Edwards was charged in the death of his friend last August after he gave him a mixed drink made with codeine and morphine from poppies. Defense attorney Royce Buck says because the crime involved sending poppies through the mail, the U.S. Attorney's office was considering adding federal trafficking charges. To avoid facing those charges, Edwards pled guilty and agreed to serve at least 10 years of a twenty-year sentence before requesting parole. Edward's formal sentencing is scheduled for August 18th.