Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
Thu July 19, 2012
the morning cram [what's the deal with airplane peanuts? edition]
From NPR: Jerry Seinfeld's new series is called Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, and the promos promise exactly that.
From Kentucky: A jury found Jerry Wayne Walker Jr. not guilty yesterday of charges associated with a fatal 1998 Murray State University dorm fire. Kentucky’s improvement in student assessments of reading, math and science in the past 20 years has placed the Commonwealth in a tie for fifth place in a new Harvard University report. Supporters of instant racing in Kentucky are once again trying to take their case to the state supreme court.
From Illinois: Illinois Governor Pat Quinn says solving the state's pension problem is imperative, and he's warned lawmakers not to go anywhere next month.