Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri January 4, 2013
The Morning Cram [let’s get fracking edition]
From NPR: The new movie Promised Land will have many energy industry insiders rolling their eyes with its portrayal of hydraulic fracturing. Fracking proponents are using the opportunity to inform people about their side of the story.
Kentucky: A TVA plant in Muhlenberg County has been named as a top polluter in 2011 by an environmental advocacy group. Ten Kentucky health departments will receive grants so they can do more colon cancer screenings for low-income, uninsured patients.
Tennessee: The Emergency Unemployment Compensation program has been extended for another year. Tennesseans expecting fraud or misuse of public funds can now report their suspicions online. The TNStars college savings plan is giving a $50 match to Tennesseans who sign up for the investment.
Illinois: The state Senate adjourned a day early and did not make any action on the pension crisis or legalizing gay marriage.