Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Tue June 12, 2012
the morning cram [the dingo's got my baby edition]
NPR reports a coroner in Australia agrees, the dingo did take the baby.
Kentucky ~ A local icon and former Major League Baseball player has passed away. Strong storms that passed through our region yesterday brought some much-needed rain, but caused little damage. The annual Governor's Awards for Outstanding Volunteer Service were presented yesterday to 17 groups and individuals in a ceremony at the Governor's Mansion. The head of the Family Foundation of Kentucky says re-defining marriage in the United States would be a ‘tragedy.’ The Kentucky Commission on Human Rights is holding three fair housing workshops next week for people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender and their families. The U.S. Supreme Court has reinstated the death sentence of a Kentucky man who has been awaiting execution for three decades. The leader of a political action committee that helped a Kentucky congressional candidate get a GOP nomination may now focus on ousting a state lawmaker. Kentucky officials say General Fund receipts fell about $17 million dollars, or 2 and a third percent in May from figures a year ago.
Tennessee ~ The Tennessee Chamber of Commerce is replacing its president following two years of spirited legislative debates over business measures ranging from firearms at the workplace to discrimination against gay employees.