Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Fri February 6, 2009
More Peanut Butter Problems
By Ben Taylor
Richmond, KY – Federal Emergency Management officials have advised the Governor to recall prepared meals distributed to storm shelters. Beshear representative Jill Midkiff says the disaster relief meals contained tubes of peanut butter than have been recalled.
"They've been distributed to all the counties that have requested food or water assistance. We've been in counties all across the state distributing food or water to people who are in shelters or without electricity or water supplies to their home."
Midkiff says Kentucky Emergency Management officials and the National Guard are contracting with private firm to replace the meals. She says no peanut butter-related illnesses have been reported.