Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm: KYEM Upgrades Emergency Activation Level, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Fri February 6, 2009
More Peanut Butter Problems
By Ben Taylor
Richmond, KY – Federal Emergency Management officials have advised the Governor to recall prepared meals distributed to storm shelters. Beshear representative Jill Midkiff says the disaster relief meals contained tubes of peanut butter than have been recalled.
"They've been distributed to all the counties that have requested food or water assistance. We've been in counties all across the state distributing food or water to people who are in shelters or without electricity or water supplies to their home."
Midkiff says Kentucky Emergency Management officials and the National Guard are contracting with private firm to replace the meals. She says no peanut butter-related illnesses have been reported.