Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Mon December 30, 2013
More Than 400 Have Filed For Election In KY
More than 400 candidates have filed to run for congressional, legislative and judicial seats across Kentucky in next year's elections.
Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes, Kentucky's chief elections official, said that number is expected to grow larger still because the filing deadline isn't until Jan. 28.
The number doesn't include the multitude of candidates for city and county offices.
Candidates running for seats in Congress and the Legislature have to file with the secretary of state's office, as do those seeking to become justices on the Kentucky Supreme Court, judges on the Court of Appeals or on circuit or district courts around the state.
Candidates for city and county offices file with their local county clerks.