Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue October 2, 2012
Montgomery Co. Sheriff's Office Undergoes Major Change
The Sheriff’s Office in Montgomery County, Tennessee, is seeing massive leadership changes with the retirement of its No. 2 officer and the promotion of two captains to the new title of assistant chief deputy. The Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports one of the promoted captains is County Mayor Carolyn Bowers’ husband. Capt. William Bowers was named Assistant Chief Deputy for Enforcement and Courts. Capt. Doug Tackett was appointed Assistant Chief Deputy for Detention. Former Chief Deputy Ed Patterson retired last month, and was succeeded by Lt. John Smith. Patterson was standing in for Sheriff Norman Lewis who had been in Houston for treatment of a stem cell disorder. Patterson had been waiting for Lewis’ return to announce his retirement.