Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Upcoming State Budget Deficit Could Exceed $400 million
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
Wed July 15, 2009
Mongiardo Holds Press Conference, Announces Funds
By Angela Hatton
Paducah, KY – Lieutenant Governor Dan Mongiardo was in western Kentucky today as part of his campaign for U-S Senate. Mongiardo spoke in opposition to the proposed federal Cap and Trade Bill at press conferences in Paducah and Henderson. The lieutenant governor's primary opponent, Attorney General Jack Conway, recently came out in support of the bill. Mongiardo also today announced his second-quarter fundraising totals. The democrat amassed nearly 303-thousand dollars for an overall total of 730-thousand. Conway has raised 1-point-3 million. Second-term Republican Senator Jim Bunning has not yet released his totals.