Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed March 10, 2010
Mixed reactions from lawmakers
By Caleb Campbell
Frankfort, KY – Governor Pat Quinn is getting mixed reactions from lawmakers over his proposal to raise the Illinois income tax. Republican leaders say raising taxes by one percentage point is unacceptable. They say pension, Medicaid and other government reforms need to happen before a tax increase. However, Democratic Senate President John Cullerton supports the proposal.