Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon March 10, 2014
Mississippi River Bridge Will Close For Annual Safety Inspection
The US 60/US 62 Mississippi River Bridge between Missouri and Illinois south of Cairo will be closed to traffic for one week for scheduled inspections.
The 85-year old bridge over the Mississippi River will be closed Friday, March 21st until the 28th for Illinois Transportation Dept. crews to conduct annual safety inspections.
The bridge will allow traffic through between 5:30 PM and 7 AM each night.