Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Mon March 10, 2014
Mississippi River Bridge Will Close For Annual Safety Inspection
The US 60/US 62 Mississippi River Bridge between Missouri and Illinois south of Cairo will be closed to traffic for one week for scheduled inspections.
The 85-year old bridge over the Mississippi River will be closed Friday, March 21st until the 28th for Illinois Transportation Dept. crews to conduct annual safety inspections.
The bridge will allow traffic through between 5:30 PM and 7 AM each night.