Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue November 6, 2012
Milan Police Officer Charge with Rape
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation says a suspended Milan police officer is being charged with rape.
The TBI says a Gibson County grand jury indicted 39-year-old Adam Scott Martin on 24 counts, including rape, sexual battery by an authority figure and incest. Authorities say Martin, of Atwood, was arrested in July on a charge of sexual battery by an authority figure against a 19-year-old woman. The TBI says that charge is included in the indictment released Monday and all the charges involve the same victim. Martin is being held at the Gibson County jail on $150,000 bond. His arraignment is scheduled for November 13th.