Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri October 17, 2008
Mike Ward Replacement
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear has appointed Murray attorney C. Mark Blankenship to replace former 42nd Judicial District Commonwealth Attorney Mike Ward. Ward resigned his post as Commonwealth's attorney for Marshall and Calloway counties in August after pleading guilty to DUI charges. Blankenship will complete Ward's term which ends in 2010. Blankenship is a former prosecutor and 1974 Murray State University graduate. Beshear spokesman Jay Blanton says the governor chose Blankenship after he received several recommendations throughout the region.