Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri March 21, 2014
Mike Miller Case Dropped With Grand Jury Decision
A Marshall County Grand Jury has cleared longtime Marshall County Judge Executive Mike Miller of his charges of falsifying public records.
Special Prosecutor Zac Greenwell says Thursday the grand jury found there was not enough evidence for Miller to proceed to trial and issued a “no true bill.”
Miller was being investigated for a felony count of misuse of confidential information and a misdemeanor for misconduct after allegedly falsifying public records to allow the county’s dog warden to receive state unemployment benefits while Miller indicated he was retired.
The felony charge could have landed Miller one to five years imprisonment and the misdemeanor up to a year in county jail.