Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Mon December 23, 2013
Mid-Continent Put on Warning Status with Accrediting Group for Second Year
Mayfield's Mid-Continent University is on an accrediting group’s warning status for a second consecutive year.
Mid-Continent spokesperson Bill Bartleman says the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools approved remedies to 10 of the 13 issues it raised a year ago after Mid-Continent’s 10-year accreditation reaffirmation review.
He says the remaining issues should be dealt with in the next year.
"The good news for us is that we’ve met all of the core requirements," he said. "And they’re the main requirements. They’re kind of like part of the Ten Commandments of SACS’s requirements."
Bartleman says the remaining issues include documentation related to learning outcomes for classes and financial issues related to a U.S. Department of Education student loan program review. Universities can remain on warning with SACS for only two years. Mid-Continent’s next review will come December 2014.