Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Mon December 23, 2013
Mid-Continent Put on Warning Status with Accrediting Group for Second Year
Mayfield's Mid-Continent University is on an accrediting group’s warning status for a second consecutive year.
Mid-Continent spokesperson Bill Bartleman says the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools approved remedies to 10 of the 13 issues it raised a year ago after Mid-Continent’s 10-year accreditation reaffirmation review.
He says the remaining issues should be dealt with in the next year.
"The good news for us is that we’ve met all of the core requirements," he said. "And they’re the main requirements. They’re kind of like part of the Ten Commandments of SACS’s requirements."
Bartleman says the remaining issues include documentation related to learning outcomes for classes and financial issues related to a U.S. Department of Education student loan program review. Universities can remain on warning with SACS for only two years. Mid-Continent’s next review will come December 2014.