Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue September 24, 2013
Mid-Continent Names New Senior Vice President
Graves County’s Mid-Continent University named William Drake Jr. as its senior vice president today.
Drake served as Kentucky’s Midway College president for a decade before operating his own consulting firm. Mid-Continent president Robert Imhoff says Drake will help the university meet federal government and accrediting agency regulations.
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools denied Mid-Continent’s re-accreditation last year and placed it on warning status for 12 months, which will be up in December. If Mid-Continent loses its accreditation it will no longer qualify for federal student aid.
At Midway Drake doubled its enrollment and increased donations.