Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue September 24, 2013
Mid-Continent Names New Senior Vice President
Graves County’s Mid-Continent University named William Drake Jr. as its senior vice president today.
Drake served as Kentucky’s Midway College president for a decade before operating his own consulting firm. Mid-Continent president Robert Imhoff says Drake will help the university meet federal government and accrediting agency regulations.
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools denied Mid-Continent’s re-accreditation last year and placed it on warning status for 12 months, which will be up in December. If Mid-Continent loses its accreditation it will no longer qualify for federal student aid.
At Midway Drake doubled its enrollment and increased donations.