Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Thu April 24, 2014
Mid-Continent to Develop Teach Out Agreements with Murray State, Two Private Schools
Mid-Continent University is working on teach-out agreements for its students with Murray State University, University of the Cumberlands and Campbellsville University according to MCU’s website.
A teach-out plan is an exclusive agreement between two institutions that provides for the equitable treatment of students from the closing university. Many schools have been reaching out to Mid-Continent as the university plans to close June 30th.
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools must still give final approval for the teach-out and transfer plans, along with the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education and the U.S. Department of Education.
Murray State and Mid-Continent officials were unavailable for comment.