Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu April 24, 2014
Mid-Continent to Develop Teach Out Agreements with Murray State, Two Private Schools
Mid-Continent University is working on teach-out agreements for its students with Murray State University, University of the Cumberlands and Campbellsville University according to MCU’s website.
A teach-out plan is an exclusive agreement between two institutions that provides for the equitable treatment of students from the closing university. Many schools have been reaching out to Mid-Continent as the university plans to close June 30th.
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools must still give final approval for the teach-out and transfer plans, along with the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education and the U.S. Department of Education.
Murray State and Mid-Continent officials were unavailable for comment.