Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu April 24, 2014
Mid-Continent to Develop Teach Out Agreements with Murray State, Two Private Schools
Mid-Continent University is working on teach-out agreements for its students with Murray State University, University of the Cumberlands and Campbellsville University according to MCU’s website.
A teach-out plan is an exclusive agreement between two institutions that provides for the equitable treatment of students from the closing university. Many schools have been reaching out to Mid-Continent as the university plans to close June 30th.
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools must still give final approval for the teach-out and transfer plans, along with the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education and the U.S. Department of Education.
Murray State and Mid-Continent officials were unavailable for comment.