Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu August 9, 2012
Mexico to Maine: The David Wax Museum's sound collected in travel
The band David Wax Museum formed in Boston in 2007. They've since become hits at the Newport Folk Festival, won Song of the Year with “Born with a Broken Heart” and “Americana Artist of the Year” for the 2010 Boston Music Awards, and have starred in a mini documentary about their trip to China.
The band calls their style "Mexo-Americana" and incorporates Mexican instruments like the jarana jarocha and the quijada into their sets along with more typical northern folk instruments.
Rose Krzton-Presson spoke with bandmembers David Wax and Suz Slezak at Mercy Lounge in Nashville on July 30th before their performance opening for Josh Ritter and the Royal City Band.
David Wax Museum's upcoming album Knock Knock Get Up will be released this fall. Listen to their new song "Vivian" above; and see the music videos for "Will You Be Sleeping" below.