Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu August 2, 2012
Merger Proponents Launch Website
Paducah and McCracken County merger proponents hope a new pro-merger website will boost support for the issue. The long discussed issue is on the November ballot. Paducah McCracken United members say the site allows citizens to access fiscal information regarding the proposed merger.
PMU President Tom Garrett said the change would open doors.
"Paducah right now is the 15th largest city in Kentucky. Post-merger we would all of a sudden become the third largest city in Kentucky," said Garrett. "I think it would give us more visibility, it would brand us as an aggressive and progressive community."
Garrett adds the website will help to dispel some of the myths about the proposed merger like increased tax rates on county residents.
Residents vote on the city/county merger on Nov. 6th.