Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Wed November 28, 2012
Mercy Regional to Temporarily House Firefighters
Mercy Regional Emergency Medical Service will house displaced firefighters for the next month while Paducah’s Fire Station 3 undergoes renovations. Fire Chief Steve Kyle told the Paducah City Commission that Mercy Regional volunteered to house the firefighters and the fire truck to prevent an increased response time to the western side of the city.
Paducah Police Chief James Berry also told the commission that the department’s new traffic unit has seen a 20 percent reduction in collisions since its establishment a few weeks ago.