Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- Murray City Council to Consider Anti-Begging Ordinance, Halfway to Downtown Park Fundraising $
- Kentuckians, Get Ready For Health Insurance Rate Hikes
- Could Rand Paul’s Struggling Presidential Bid Imperil His Senate Seat, Too?
Wed November 28, 2012
Mercy Regional to Temporarily House Firefighters
Mercy Regional Emergency Medical Service will house displaced firefighters for the next month while Paducah’s Fire Station 3 undergoes renovations. Fire Chief Steve Kyle told the Paducah City Commission that Mercy Regional volunteered to house the firefighters and the fire truck to prevent an increased response time to the western side of the city.
Paducah Police Chief James Berry also told the commission that the department’s new traffic unit has seen a 20 percent reduction in collisions since its establishment a few weeks ago.