Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Wed November 28, 2012
Mercy Regional to Temporarily House Firefighters
Mercy Regional Emergency Medical Service will house displaced firefighters for the next month while Paducah’s Fire Station 3 undergoes renovations. Fire Chief Steve Kyle told the Paducah City Commission that Mercy Regional volunteered to house the firefighters and the fire truck to prevent an increased response time to the western side of the city.
Paducah Police Chief James Berry also told the commission that the department’s new traffic unit has seen a 20 percent reduction in collisions since its establishment a few weeks ago.