Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Wed August 1, 2012
Meningitis Vaccinations Recommended
School nurses in Tennessee are urging parents to have their children vaccinated against meningitis before the school year starts. Half of the state’s teens aren't vaccinated. Meningitis can be spread through contact such as sharing water bottles and drinking glasses. Ten percent of people who contract the disease die, sometimes within 24 hours. State Department of Health immunization program director Dr. Kelly Moore said the shots are not required in Tennessee, but are recommended.