Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu April 3, 2014
Meet Paducah Sun's New Executive Director
Today on Sounds Good we welcome the new executive editor of the Paducah Sun, Steve Wilson. In the mid-eighties, when he was with the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Wilson edited and directed a year-long project "Life on the Land: An American Farm Family" which won that newspaper's Pulitzer Prize.
"I, for various reasons, adopted a philosophy early on in my life as an editor that good newspapers weren't so-called "reporters' newspapers" or "editors' newspapers"--good newspapers were readers' newspapers. We had to know what the audience was interested in, what they would appreciate, what would bring value to their life to put in the newspaper, and that philosophy has served me pretty well."