Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue November 6, 2012
Meet 2012 Gary Boggess Distinguished Lecturer, Geneticist Owen McMillan
Each year Murray State’s College of Science, Engineering and Technology honors its former dean Dr. Gary Boggess by bringing in an important speaker. Next Monday, November 12, at 4 p.m., Dr. Owen McMillan, staff scientist and Dean of Academic Programs of the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute in Panama, presents a lecture about scientific work on Barro Colorado Island in the Panama Canal Zone. Dr. McMillan’s lecture is open to all in Freed Curd Auditorium in the Collins Center for Industry and Technology. There is no admission fee. Dr. McMillan spoke to Kate Lochte about his work.
Staff Scientist and Dean of Academic Programs of the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute in Panama, Dr. Owen McMillan presents the 2012 Gary Boggess Distinguished Lecture for the College of Science, Engineering and Technology, next Monday afternoon at 4 in Freed Curd Auditorium of the Collins Center for Industry and Technology. The lecture is free and open to all.