Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon August 20, 2012
Medicaid Open Enrollment Starts Today
Kentuckians on Medicaid now have the opportunity to change healthcare providers for the first time in months.
Open enrollment for all of the state except Louisville started today. It's the first time since Medicaid was privatized that residents can choose a new private operator to handle their care.
Kentucky has three statewide operators: CoventryCares, WellCare and Kentucky Spirit. Many doctors and hospitals have had problems with Coventry's reimbursement rates for procedures. And many Eastern Kentuckians have already announced plans to switch to another provider. But an exodus of patients to another provider could simply shift the problems, not solve them.
Open enrollment ends Oct. 19. Any changes will become effective Nov. 1.