Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Thu January 16, 2014
MCSB Takes No Action On Farley Closure
The McCracken County School Board took no action last night regarding a Local Planning Committee’s recommendation to close Farley Elementary School and realign students in the Reidland area.
Superintendent Dr. Nancy Waldrop said a draft of the LPC’s plans, which will be sent to the Kentucky Department of Education, was not ready in time for Wednesday’s Board meeting.
She said a special meeting may be needed to prepare and approve the draft for KDE.
She said if a special meeting is held, it will be advertised through local media and on the district’s website