Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu January 16, 2014
MCSB Takes No Action On Farley Closure
The McCracken County School Board took no action last night regarding a Local Planning Committee’s recommendation to close Farley Elementary School and realign students in the Reidland area.
Superintendent Dr. Nancy Waldrop said a draft of the LPC’s plans, which will be sent to the Kentucky Department of Education, was not ready in time for Wednesday’s Board meeting.
She said a special meeting may be needed to prepare and approve the draft for KDE.
She said if a special meeting is held, it will be advertised through local media and on the district’s website