Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Mon November 25, 2013
McCracken Sheriffs’ Employee Charged With Misconduct
Kentucky State Police have charged 57-year-old James Beyer of the McCracken County Sheriff’s Office for Sexual Abuse and Official Misconduct.
Last Friday McCracken County Sheriff Jon Hayden was contacted by the Correctional staff at Kentucky Correctional Institution for Women in Pee Wee Valley, Kentucky about a complaint against a transport officer.
An inmate at the facility reported that she had been inappropriately touched by the transport officer while being transported from the McCracken County Jail on November 14th.
After an investigation the Kentucky State Police arrested Beyer.
He is charged with Sexual Abuse 2nd Degree and Official Misconduct 1st Degree.
Both charges are class A misdemeanors. Beyer was terminated as an employee with the Sheriff’s office and is being transported to the Oldham County Detention Center.
The investigation is ongoing by Kentucky State Police.