Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Murray Holds Special Ties for Likely Next Host of 'A Prairie Home Companion'
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Polls: Republicans Lead All of Kentucky's Statewide Races; Paul Tops GOP Presidential Hopefuls
- Convoy Tours Controversial Areas at Land Between the Lakes
Tue December 17, 2013
McCracken Schools Chairman Parker Running for State Senate
McCracken County Public Schools board chairman Jeff Parker says he will run for the second district state Senate seat being vacated by Bob Leeper.
Parker is a Democrat and joins Republicans Danny Carroll and Dave Hoffman in the race to replace Leeper, who has represented Ballard, McCracken and Marshall counties for more than 20 years.
If elected, Parker wants to be an advocate for education. He wants state funding for education to return to previous levels before cuts in 2010.
Parker has been on the school board for seven years, and was involved in the consolidation of the new McCracken County High School.
Currently, Parker is the only Democrat to have announced a bid for the seat.
2013 KY General Assembly