Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
Tue December 17, 2013
McCracken Schools Chairman Parker Running for State Senate
McCracken County Public Schools board chairman Jeff Parker says he will run for the second district state Senate seat being vacated by Bob Leeper.
Parker is a Democrat and joins Republicans Danny Carroll and Dave Hoffman in the race to replace Leeper, who has represented Ballard, McCracken and Marshall counties for more than 20 years.
If elected, Parker wants to be an advocate for education. He wants state funding for education to return to previous levels before cuts in 2010.
Parker has been on the school board for seven years, and was involved in the consolidation of the new McCracken County High School.
Currently, Parker is the only Democrat to have announced a bid for the seat.
2013 KY General Assembly