Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri January 15, 2010
McCracken Matches Convention Board Fund
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – The Paducah-McCracken County Convention Center Corporation will get $75,000 from the county fiscal court to help pay bills and operating costs through the next half-year. The funding matches a payment approved by the Paducah City Commission last month. Among its debts, the Convention Center board owes about $70,000 to the Paducah Power System. The board operates the Julian Carroll Convention Center and Paducah Expo Center, which have seen little use last year with the closure of the Executive Inn.