Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu July 23, 2009
McCracken Jail Inmate Sentenced to 10 Years for Biting Off Ear
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – An inmate at the McCracken County Jail has been sentenced to 10-years for biting off another inmate's ear. 27-year-old Darryl Samuels of Memphis, Tennessee will serve the maximum sentence for the second-degree assault. Samuels will serve the time after finishing a 12-year sentence for first-degree rape, which he pled guilty to in January. Samuels apologized for biting Christopher Gravett, and says he plans to appeal his conviction.