Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu July 23, 2009
McCracken Jail Inmate Sentenced to 10 Years for Biting Off Ear
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – An inmate at the McCracken County Jail has been sentenced to 10-years for biting off another inmate's ear. 27-year-old Darryl Samuels of Memphis, Tennessee will serve the maximum sentence for the second-degree assault. Samuels will serve the time after finishing a 12-year sentence for first-degree rape, which he pled guilty to in January. Samuels apologized for biting Christopher Gravett, and says he plans to appeal his conviction.