Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon December 16, 2013
McCracken County Hires Current USEC Emergency Management Director
Jerome Mansfield of Paducah will take over as Emergency Management Director of McCracken County. Mansfield is the current Emergency Management Director of USEC's operations at the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant, and a retired Army National Guard officer.
"The two that I've always been concerned about are, can you be the person to work in chaotic situations, stay calm, keep everybody directed in a proper manner and that the same time, can you work with volunteers. That's a tough job, a lot of people can't do it. Hopefully this guy can," Judge Executive Van Newberry said.
The previous EMS Director, Paul Carter, resigned in October after allegedly getting into a physical altercation with a tow truck driver at the scene of a wreck. Mansfield will start on February 1.