Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Murray State’s Next President Says University Discussing Short, Long Term Roles with Mid-Continent
Mon December 16, 2013
McCracken County Hires Current USEC Emergency Management Director
Jerome Mansfield of Paducah will take over as Emergency Management Director of McCracken County. Mansfield is the current Emergency Management Director of USEC's operations at the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant, and a retired Army National Guard officer.
"The two that I've always been concerned about are, can you be the person to work in chaotic situations, stay calm, keep everybody directed in a proper manner and that the same time, can you work with volunteers. That's a tough job, a lot of people can't do it. Hopefully this guy can," Judge Executive Van Newberry said.
The previous EMS Director, Paul Carter, resigned in October after allegedly getting into a physical altercation with a tow truck driver at the scene of a wreck. Mansfield will start on February 1.