Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Wed July 31, 2013
McCracken County Employees Under Investigation for Assault
Paducah Police and the McCracken County Fiscal Court are investigating a possible assault involving two county employees.
Early Saturday morning, tow truck driver Anthony Hess and Emergency Management Director Paul Carter got into a verbal argument over personal property while responding to a car accident on Internstate-24.
Hess alleges Carter began to choke him before Hess resisted. According to the police report, Carter called for nearby Paducah Police. Carter originally denied involvement, but changed his statement after police reviewed a dash camera on a parked police cruiser.
County magistrates are set to discuss the incident at the Aug. 12 Fiscal Court meeting.