Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Thu May 24, 2012
McCracken County Coroner Identifies I-24 Wreck Victims
McCracken County officials have released the names of two people killed Tuesday in a four vehicle crash near Exit 3 on Interstate 24.
Coroner Dan Sims says 30-year-old Robert Storrs of Durham, North Carolina and 27-year-old Jessica Caroe of Houston, Texas were killed when a semi hit their motorcycle. Paducah police say traffic was halted in the area due to an unrelated wreck on the Ohio River bridge. The semi’s driver, 60-year-old James Hoerman, told officers he initially did not notice the stoppage, but once he did, he braked but could not avoid hitting an S-U-V and another semi in addition to the motorcycle Robert Storrs was driving. I-24 was shut down for close to six hours as investigators reconstructed the wreck.