Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu May 24, 2012
McCracken County Coroner Identifies I-24 Wreck Victims
McCracken County officials have released the names of two people killed Tuesday in a four vehicle crash near Exit 3 on Interstate 24.
Coroner Dan Sims says 30-year-old Robert Storrs of Durham, North Carolina and 27-year-old Jessica Caroe of Houston, Texas were killed when a semi hit their motorcycle. Paducah police say traffic was halted in the area due to an unrelated wreck on the Ohio River bridge. The semi’s driver, 60-year-old James Hoerman, told officers he initially did not notice the stoppage, but once he did, he braked but could not avoid hitting an S-U-V and another semi in addition to the motorcycle Robert Storrs was driving. I-24 was shut down for close to six hours as investigators reconstructed the wreck.