Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu May 24, 2012
McCracken County Coroner Identifies I-24 Wreck Victims
McCracken County officials have released the names of two people killed Tuesday in a four vehicle crash near Exit 3 on Interstate 24.
Coroner Dan Sims says 30-year-old Robert Storrs of Durham, North Carolina and 27-year-old Jessica Caroe of Houston, Texas were killed when a semi hit their motorcycle. Paducah police say traffic was halted in the area due to an unrelated wreck on the Ohio River bridge. The semi’s driver, 60-year-old James Hoerman, told officers he initially did not notice the stoppage, but once he did, he braked but could not avoid hitting an S-U-V and another semi in addition to the motorcycle Robert Storrs was driving. I-24 was shut down for close to six hours as investigators reconstructed the wreck.