Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Tue January 22, 2013
McCracken County Considering Leash Law
McCracken County may soon get a new leash law. The county Fiscal Court is considering expanding a nuisance law to deal with wayward dogs.
Judge-Executive Van Newberry says the existing ordinance only applies when a roaming dog makes someone feel unsafe. County Commissioner Jerry Beyer says the nuisance law is overly broad and residents he's spoken with want dogs restrained, especially at night.