Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Tue January 22, 2013
McCracken County Considering Leash Law
McCracken County may soon get a new leash law. The county Fiscal Court is considering expanding a nuisance law to deal with wayward dogs.
Judge-Executive Van Newberry says the existing ordinance only applies when a roaming dog makes someone feel unsafe. County Commissioner Jerry Beyer says the nuisance law is overly broad and residents he's spoken with want dogs restrained, especially at night.