Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Tue January 22, 2013
McCracken County Considering Leash Law
McCracken County may soon get a new leash law. The county Fiscal Court is considering expanding a nuisance law to deal with wayward dogs.
Judge-Executive Van Newberry says the existing ordinance only applies when a roaming dog makes someone feel unsafe. County Commissioner Jerry Beyer says the nuisance law is overly broad and residents he's spoken with want dogs restrained, especially at night.