Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri October 26, 2012
McCracken County Animal Control Director Fired
Jeff Brown has been fired from his position as McCracken County Animal Control Director. The Paducah Sun reports Judge-Executive Van Newberry says Brown did not resign voluntarily, but he refused to comment on the firing. Sheriff’s department Chief Deputy Mike Turnbow is the interim director while the Fiscal Court searches for a new director.
Turnbow says he plans to maintain the position for about 30 days. He says while in the position, he plans to prepare a newly purchase vehicle to pick up animals which will cut down on response time.