Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
Fri October 26, 2012
McCracken County Animal Control Director Fired
Jeff Brown has been fired from his position as McCracken County Animal Control Director. The Paducah Sun reports Judge-Executive Van Newberry says Brown did not resign voluntarily, but he refused to comment on the firing. Sheriff’s department Chief Deputy Mike Turnbow is the interim director while the Fiscal Court searches for a new director.
Turnbow says he plans to maintain the position for about 30 days. He says while in the position, he plans to prepare a newly purchase vehicle to pick up animals which will cut down on response time.