Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Fri October 26, 2012
McCracken County Animal Control Director Fired
Jeff Brown has been fired from his position as McCracken County Animal Control Director. The Paducah Sun reports Judge-Executive Van Newberry says Brown did not resign voluntarily, but he refused to comment on the firing. Sheriff’s department Chief Deputy Mike Turnbow is the interim director while the Fiscal Court searches for a new director.
Turnbow says he plans to maintain the position for about 30 days. He says while in the position, he plans to prepare a newly purchase vehicle to pick up animals which will cut down on response time.