Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed June 3, 2009
McCracken and Calloway Unemployment Numbers Remain Low
By Chad Lampe
Murray, KY – The Kentucky Office of Employment and Training reports unemployment in each of Kentucky's 120 counties rose since April of last year. Calloway and McCracken Counties though, remain among counties with the lowest unemployment rates at 7.3 and 7.7 percent respectively. Conversely, Trigg county has the third highest rate at 15.8 percent. Much of Trigg's unemployment rate can be attributed to the loss of the manufacturing plant Johnson Controls. Kentucky has 67 counties with unemployment rates above 10 percent.