Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu August 27, 2009
McConnell Won't Endorse Candidate
By Angela Hatton
Louisville, KY – Kentucky's top Republican politician says he doesn't expect to endorse anyone in the state's GOP Senate primary next year. Senator Mitch McConnell says that Republican voters don't need his advice about the race that includes three GOP candidates. He made the comments before the Kentucky Country Ham Breakfast in Louisville. The Republican U.S. Senate campaign features Secretary of State Trey Grayson, Bowling Green eye surgeon Rand Paul and Elkton businessman Bill Johnson. They hope to fill the seat being vacated by Republican Senator Jim Bunning, who will retire at the end of his second term next year.