Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu August 27, 2009
McConnell Won't Endorse Candidate
By Angela Hatton
Louisville, KY – Kentucky's top Republican politician says he doesn't expect to endorse anyone in the state's GOP Senate primary next year. Senator Mitch McConnell says that Republican voters don't need his advice about the race that includes three GOP candidates. He made the comments before the Kentucky Country Ham Breakfast in Louisville. The Republican U.S. Senate campaign features Secretary of State Trey Grayson, Bowling Green eye surgeon Rand Paul and Elkton businessman Bill Johnson. They hope to fill the seat being vacated by Republican Senator Jim Bunning, who will retire at the end of his second term next year.