Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu August 27, 2009
McConnell Won't Endorse Candidate
By Angela Hatton
Louisville, KY – Kentucky's top Republican politician says he doesn't expect to endorse anyone in the state's GOP Senate primary next year. Senator Mitch McConnell says that Republican voters don't need his advice about the race that includes three GOP candidates. He made the comments before the Kentucky Country Ham Breakfast in Louisville. The Republican U.S. Senate campaign features Secretary of State Trey Grayson, Bowling Green eye surgeon Rand Paul and Elkton businessman Bill Johnson. They hope to fill the seat being vacated by Republican Senator Jim Bunning, who will retire at the end of his second term next year.