Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu December 5, 2013
McConnell Wins Award From National Organization
Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky was one of two political leaders who received the Crime Fighter Award from the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network yesterday.
Democratic U.S. Representative Debbie Wasserman Shultz of Florida also received the honor.
The group's president, Scott Berkowitz, credited McConnell's "extraordinary efforts" for a significant reduction in sexual violence.
Berkowitz praised McConnell for co-sponsoring a bill aimed at ending a backlog of untested DNA evidence in rape cases.
McConnell said that he, as the father of three daughters, takes the issue of sexual violence against women personally.