Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu December 5, 2013
McConnell Wins Award From National Organization
Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky was one of two political leaders who received the Crime Fighter Award from the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network yesterday.
Democratic U.S. Representative Debbie Wasserman Shultz of Florida also received the honor.
The group's president, Scott Berkowitz, credited McConnell's "extraordinary efforts" for a significant reduction in sexual violence.
Berkowitz praised McConnell for co-sponsoring a bill aimed at ending a backlog of untested DNA evidence in rape cases.
McConnell said that he, as the father of three daughters, takes the issue of sexual violence against women personally.