Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed January 22, 2014
McConnell Touts Support For PGDP
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell is running a new TV ad touting his support for workers at the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant.
The statewide ad debuting today features the whispery voice of a throat cancer survivor who says he was exposed to radiation at the Plant.
The man credits McConnell for helping provide cancer screening programs and compensation for sick workers, which supplied enriched uranium to nuclear power plants.
The ad is the McConnell campaign's first of the year. McConnell is being challenged by Louisville businessman Matt Bevin in this year's Republican primary.
Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is the Democratic front-runner.