Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed January 22, 2014
McConnell Touts Support For PGDP
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell is running a new TV ad touting his support for workers at the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant.
The statewide ad debuting today features the whispery voice of a throat cancer survivor who says he was exposed to radiation at the Plant.
The man credits McConnell for helping provide cancer screening programs and compensation for sick workers, which supplied enriched uranium to nuclear power plants.
The ad is the McConnell campaign's first of the year. McConnell is being challenged by Louisville businessman Matt Bevin in this year's Republican primary.
Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is the Democratic front-runner.