Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed January 22, 2014
McConnell Touts Support For PGDP
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell is running a new TV ad touting his support for workers at the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant.
The statewide ad debuting today features the whispery voice of a throat cancer survivor who says he was exposed to radiation at the Plant.
The man credits McConnell for helping provide cancer screening programs and compensation for sick workers, which supplied enriched uranium to nuclear power plants.
The ad is the McConnell campaign's first of the year. McConnell is being challenged by Louisville businessman Matt Bevin in this year's Republican primary.
Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is the Democratic front-runner.