Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed January 22, 2014
McConnell Touts Support For PGDP
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell is running a new TV ad touting his support for workers at the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant.
The statewide ad debuting today features the whispery voice of a throat cancer survivor who says he was exposed to radiation at the Plant.
The man credits McConnell for helping provide cancer screening programs and compensation for sick workers, which supplied enriched uranium to nuclear power plants.
The ad is the McConnell campaign's first of the year. McConnell is being challenged by Louisville businessman Matt Bevin in this year's Republican primary.
Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is the Democratic front-runner.