Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Tue July 31, 2012
McConnell to Speak at Fancy Farm Picnic
Kentucky’s senior U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell said he’ll speak on behalf of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney at Saturday’s annual Fancy Farm picnic. Picnic political speaking chair Mark Wilson had initially told Kentucky Public Radio Romney would send a surrogate speaker, but he later confirmed McConnell will fill in instead.
Wilson also said President Barack Obama has not yet confirmed someone to speak for him at the picnic. Kentucky’s Republican House Minority Leader Jeff Hoover will speak on behalf of GOP legislative candidates. Speeches kick off Saturday afternoon at two in Fancy Farm.