Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue May 21, 2013
McConnell Says Oklahoma Tragedy Mirrors West Liberty Twister
Kentucky’s senior senator says no one knows the anguish and destruction of a tornado better than his bluegrass constituents.
Republican Mitch McConnell says it was just last year when he walked through the streets of West Liberty after much of its business district was leveled by a twister. However, he says, that experience, Monday’s tornado in Oklahoma and others across the country seem to have one thing in common.
“As we’ve seen time and time again in recent years, Americans are at their best when called upon to help each other in tragic circumstances, and this circumstance could hardly, harldy be more tragic.”
McConnell spoke on the senate floor Tuesday.