Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- Fmr. Maker's Mark CEO: "This Is the First Time That We’ve Had Our Enemies Not Trying to Kill Us"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
Thu November 15, 2012
McConnell Re-Elected to Lead Senate Republicans
Kentucky's U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell has been re-elected as leader of that body’s Republicans. Colleagues unanimously chose the Commonwealth’s senior senator yesterday to lead the GOP team. McConnell was nominated by Senators Marco Rubio of Florida and Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania.
McConnell thanked his fellow Republicans for their trust in him and said he looks forward to tackling major hurdles, beginning with the looming fiscal cliff. This will be the 70-year-old senator’s fourth term as minority leader.