Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Thu November 15, 2012
McConnell Re-Elected to Lead Senate Republicans
Kentucky's U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell has been re-elected as leader of that body’s Republicans. Colleagues unanimously chose the Commonwealth’s senior senator yesterday to lead the GOP team. McConnell was nominated by Senators Marco Rubio of Florida and Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania.
McConnell thanked his fellow Republicans for their trust in him and said he looks forward to tackling major hurdles, beginning with the looming fiscal cliff. This will be the 70-year-old senator’s fourth term as minority leader.