Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Thu November 15, 2012
McConnell Re-Elected to Lead Senate Republicans
Kentucky's U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell has been re-elected as leader of that body’s Republicans. Colleagues unanimously chose the Commonwealth’s senior senator yesterday to lead the GOP team. McConnell was nominated by Senators Marco Rubio of Florida and Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania.
McConnell thanked his fellow Republicans for their trust in him and said he looks forward to tackling major hurdles, beginning with the looming fiscal cliff. This will be the 70-year-old senator’s fourth term as minority leader.