Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Thu November 15, 2012
McConnell Re-Elected to Lead Senate Republicans
Kentucky's U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell has been re-elected as leader of that body’s Republicans. Colleagues unanimously chose the Commonwealth’s senior senator yesterday to lead the GOP team. McConnell was nominated by Senators Marco Rubio of Florida and Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania.
McConnell thanked his fellow Republicans for their trust in him and said he looks forward to tackling major hurdles, beginning with the looming fiscal cliff. This will be the 70-year-old senator’s fourth term as minority leader.