Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Mon July 16, 2012
McConnell Raises Another Million Dollars for Re-Election
Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell has banked another million dollars for his re-election campaign. That gives Kentucky’s senior senator more than $6 million dollars for an election still more than two years away.
The early start in fundraising sends a not-so-subtle signal to would-be Democratic challengers that McConnell is bent on winning a sixth term. Democrats are certain to target McConnell in 2014, just as they did in 2008 when he won re-election to a fifth term and gained the distinction of being the Commonwealth’s longest-serving senator. He spent some $20 million on the last election and won by six percentage points.