Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon July 16, 2012
McConnell Raises Another Million Dollars for Re-Election
Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell has banked another million dollars for his re-election campaign. That gives Kentucky’s senior senator more than $6 million dollars for an election still more than two years away.
The early start in fundraising sends a not-so-subtle signal to would-be Democratic challengers that McConnell is bent on winning a sixth term. Democrats are certain to target McConnell in 2014, just as they did in 2008 when he won re-election to a fifth term and gained the distinction of being the Commonwealth’s longest-serving senator. He spent some $20 million on the last election and won by six percentage points.