Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Thu September 26, 2013
McConnell Gets Nod From Former Education Secretary
Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell has received an endorsement for re-election from former U.S. Education Secretary Bill Bennett, now a talk show host. McConnell is running for a sixth term and is being challenged by Louisville businessman Matt Bevin in next year's Republican primary.
Bennett called McConnell a "conservative stalwart" who is one of the most consistent leaders he has ever worked with. McConnell has been facing political attacks from Bevin and Democratic front-runner Alison Lundergan Grimes, both of whom charge that Kentucky's senior senator has been an ineffective leader.