Most Active Stories
- Snowfall Predictions Grow; Icing Expected in Southern Western Kentucky Overnight
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Preserving Our Voices 2013
Thu September 26, 2013
McConnell Gets Nod From Former Education Secretary
Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell has received an endorsement for re-election from former U.S. Education Secretary Bill Bennett, now a talk show host. McConnell is running for a sixth term and is being challenged by Louisville businessman Matt Bevin in next year's Republican primary.
Bennett called McConnell a "conservative stalwart" who is one of the most consistent leaders he has ever worked with. McConnell has been facing political attacks from Bevin and Democratic front-runner Alison Lundergan Grimes, both of whom charge that Kentucky's senior senator has been an ineffective leader.