Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
Thu September 26, 2013
McConnell Gets Nod From Former Education Secretary
Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell has received an endorsement for re-election from former U.S. Education Secretary Bill Bennett, now a talk show host. McConnell is running for a sixth term and is being challenged by Louisville businessman Matt Bevin in next year's Republican primary.
Bennett called McConnell a "conservative stalwart" who is one of the most consistent leaders he has ever worked with. McConnell has been facing political attacks from Bevin and Democratic front-runner Alison Lundergan Grimes, both of whom charge that Kentucky's senior senator has been an ineffective leader.