Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu September 19, 2013
McConnell Gets Endorsement Of Anti-Abortion Group
Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell has been endorsed by the anti-abortion group National Right to Life. The endorsement was announced yesterday in Louisville. Carol Tobias, head of the national group, said McConnell has been "among the most effective legislative champions" in the fight against abortion.
Tobias said McConnell has been a key supporter of every major anti-abortion initiative to come before the U.S. Senate during his nearly three decades in office. Kentucky Right to Life also endorsed McConnell on yesterday. McConnell is seeking election to a sixth term. He faces Louisville businessman Matt Bevin in next year's GOP primary.