Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Thu September 19, 2013
McConnell Gets Endorsement Of Anti-Abortion Group
Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell has been endorsed by the anti-abortion group National Right to Life. The endorsement was announced yesterday in Louisville. Carol Tobias, head of the national group, said McConnell has been "among the most effective legislative champions" in the fight against abortion.
Tobias said McConnell has been a key supporter of every major anti-abortion initiative to come before the U.S. Senate during his nearly three decades in office. Kentucky Right to Life also endorsed McConnell on yesterday. McConnell is seeking election to a sixth term. He faces Louisville businessman Matt Bevin in next year's GOP primary.