Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu September 19, 2013
McConnell Gets Endorsement Of Anti-Abortion Group
Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell has been endorsed by the anti-abortion group National Right to Life. The endorsement was announced yesterday in Louisville. Carol Tobias, head of the national group, said McConnell has been "among the most effective legislative champions" in the fight against abortion.
Tobias said McConnell has been a key supporter of every major anti-abortion initiative to come before the U.S. Senate during his nearly three decades in office. Kentucky Right to Life also endorsed McConnell on yesterday. McConnell is seeking election to a sixth term. He faces Louisville businessman Matt Bevin in next year's GOP primary.