Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Fri April 12, 2013
McConnell Campaign Switches Focus to Grimes
Actress Ashley Judd isn't the only one who has been in the political crosshairs of Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell.
His campaign has collected thousands of documents pertaining to Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes, a Kentucky Democrat considering running against McConnell now that Judd is not. The documents obtained by The Associated Press include travel invoices for Grimes and her staff, even reams of letters from people wanting to be Kentucky Colonels, an honorary designation handled by her office.
McConnell aides have been researching potential challengers ahead of next year's election. Mother Jones magazine released a recording this week of a private meeting where McConnell aides discussed using Judd's past bouts with depression against her.
They also mentioned that they were seeking information about Grimes through a third party.