Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
Tue September 10, 2013
McConnell Bypasses Bevin, Attacks Grimes Via Radio
Mitch McConnell is bypassing GOP primary challenger Matt Bevin in his latest attack. McConnell is taking on Democratic front-runner Alison Lundergan Grimes. McConnell came out yesterday with a new radio and Internet ad to try to draw a distinction between himself and Grimes on federal health care reforms, which he says need to be repealed in their entirety.
McConnell tries to paint Grimes as a supporter of the Affordable Care Act. Grimes has said she objects to portions of the law but that she favors making improvements rather than repealing it altogether. The new ad declares that McConnell has been the chief critic of the reforms all along. Bevin called that claim misleading, saying the five-term senator has refused to sign a pledge to defund the reforms.