Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Tue September 10, 2013
McConnell Bypasses Bevin, Attacks Grimes Via Radio
Mitch McConnell is bypassing GOP primary challenger Matt Bevin in his latest attack. McConnell is taking on Democratic front-runner Alison Lundergan Grimes. McConnell came out yesterday with a new radio and Internet ad to try to draw a distinction between himself and Grimes on federal health care reforms, which he says need to be repealed in their entirety.
McConnell tries to paint Grimes as a supporter of the Affordable Care Act. Grimes has said she objects to portions of the law but that she favors making improvements rather than repealing it altogether. The new ad declares that McConnell has been the chief critic of the reforms all along. Bevin called that claim misleading, saying the five-term senator has refused to sign a pledge to defund the reforms.