Most Active Stories
- Snowfall Predictions Grow; Icing Expected in Southern Western Kentucky Overnight
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Preserving Our Voices 2013
Government Shutdown 2013
Fri October 11, 2013
McConnell Blames Dems In New Radio Ad
Republican Senate Leader Mitch McConnell is running a new radio ad in Kentucky blaming Democrats for the government shutdown and pledging to donate his pay to charity until the dispute is resolved.
McConnell calls the shutdown a disgrace in the radio spot airing across over the next two days.
With polls showing Republicans bearing most of the blame for the shutdown, McConnell offers his own spin, blaming President Obama and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid for refusing to negotiate.
In the ad, McConnell challenges Obama and Reid "to come to the table and truly work to end this mess."